The Partnership for the National Trails System, in collaboration with the Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, and U.S. Forest Service, is pleased to announce grant recipients for their 2020 National Trails System Intern Grants.
The Intern Grants will create opportunities for young adults to become involved, or further their involvement, with our national trails.
Thirteen grants totaling $129,899 were awarded in 2020. A list of grant awardees can be found below. Each grant awarded was approximately $10,000. These grants will be matched with over $87,431 in partner non-Federal cash funds, $999,103 of in-kind contributions, and $145,987 in other Federal funds.
These grant opportunities will help to strengthen the capacity of the organizations and agencies to help administer and manage the national scenic and historic trails.
Additional information on this grant opportunity can be found here: pnts.org/new/intern-grants/. Questions can be directed toward Leah Steinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appalachian National Scenic Trail – Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Arizona National Scenic Trail – Arizona Trail Association
- Continental Divide National Scenic Trail – Continental Divide Trail Coalition
- Florida National Scenic Trail – Florida Trail Association
- New England National Scenic Trail – Appalachian Mountain Club
- North Country National Scenic Trail – North Country Trail Association
- Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail – Pacific Northwest Trail Association
- California National Historic Trail – National Park Service-National Trails
- El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail – El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail Association (ELCAT)
- Juan Bautista de Anza National Historic Trail – Anza Trail Foundation
- Oregon National Historic Trail – Oregon-California Trails Association
- Pony Express National Historic Trail – National Park Service-National Trails
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail – National Park Service-National Trails
The Partnership for the National Trails System (PNTS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that connects member nonprofit trail organizations and Federal agency partners to further the protection, completion, and stewardship of the 30 national scenic and historic trails within the National Trails System.