- This event has passed.
October 14, 2020 - October 16, 2020
The 2020 SHIFT Summit
HEALTHY BY NATURE
Equity, Access and The Mental Health Benefits of Time Outside
Dates: October 14-16, 2020
Location: Jackson, Wyoming, via Zoom
The 2020 SHIFT Summit will be broadcast virtually from Jackson Hole, Wyoming, from October 14-16. Entitled “Healthy by Nature,” the Summit will focus on the mental health benefits of time outside, with a specific focus on health equity and access to nature.
The 2020 SHIFT Summit has three main goals:
- Facilitate networking and transdisciplinary collaboration
- Showcase best practices, i.e., work that is impactful, innovative and replicable
- Develop substantive outcomes that help advance nature as a social determinant of health
The program will be developed around two elements integral to these objectives:
- Recipients of The 2020 SHIFT Awards, which feature representatives of the work determined to be the most innovative, impactful and replicable in the space by our researchers
- Participants in The 2020 Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) which prepares early career leaders to address issues related to public health, conservation, advocacy, structures of oppression and community engagement
The Summit will be feature a combination of keynote presentations, think tanks, workshops, panel discussions and world café-style breakout groups. An overview of the programming is as follows.