Florida Trail Association (FTA)
- Website — FTA updated look and functionality of its website and added interactive maps to streamline the user experience.
- Documentation — FTA contracted National Geographic photographer Chris Johns to capture the subtropical ecosystems the trail passes through for use in the new map and brochure (see photo at right).
- Signage — Added 38 Florida Trail signs across the State to alert motorists that they are passing a road crossing the trail to increase hiker safety and promote the trail.
- Infrastructure — Constructed the Cypress Creek Boardwalk; removed 14 miles of roadwalk from the trail; added a pitcher pump to the trail south of Lake Okeechobee; supported maintenance work on the trail with over $54,000 in equipment purchases.
- Staff — FTA added two new full-time staff positions: Panhandle Regional Representative and Community Outreach Coordinator.
- Volunteers — FTA certified/re-certified 43 chainsaw sawyers, 28 volunteers with Wilderness First Aid certifications, and over 50 volunteers with basic First Aid/CPR training.
Unless otherwise indicated, all material in Pathways Across America is public domain. All views expressed herein are perspectives of individuals working on behalf of the National Trails System and do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of the Federal agencies.