AMC’s Best Day Hikes Along the Maine Coast: Four-Season Guide to 50 of the Best Trails From the Maine Beaches to Down East
This new guide from the editor of Appalachian Mountain Club Book’s popular Maine Mountain Guide lets hikers explore the full length of the rugged coast of Maine. Between the century-old stands of white pine in Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park near Portland, and the oceanfront cliffs and maritime forests of Quoddy Head State Park—the easternmost point in the US—readers will find 50 of the best hikes in the state that can be completed in less than a day.
Acadia National Park is here, including the iconic Isle au Haut, as are multiple hikes in the York County, Casco Bay, Midcoast, and Downeast regions. Beginner hikers and seasoned trekkers alike will discover trails that will satisfy their longing for classic views of the rocky coast of Maine. For short outdoor excursions along the coast of the Pine Tree State, this guide will prove invaluable.
Inside You’ll Find
- 50 of the best coastal day hikes in Maine, carefully selected by the editor of AMC’s Maine Mountain Guide
- At-a-Glance Trip Planner to help hikers find the perfect trip, including family- and dog-friendly hikes, and wintertime trip options
- Detailed maps, trail descriptions, difficulty ratings, distances, elevation gain and estimated times
- Directions to trailheads and GPS coordinates for parking areas
- Trip planning, safety tips, and Leave No Trace information