North Country Trail Association (NCTA)
- Continued the Hike 100 program, encouraging hikers to log 100 miles on the trail and added a Hike 50 program to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the National Trails System Act. More than 1,000 people from 24 States earned their patches for completion and many more participated in the program.
- Launched the Next Generation Coalition, engaging 23 NCT Community members from Generation Y and Z.
- Worked with NPS to develop an Interpretive Media plan to guide volunteers through the process of developing interpretive media to enhance visitor experiences.
- NPS office acquired the first properties on behalf of the NCT; an 80 acre parcel in Michigan that protects one and a half miles of trail and a 200-acre parcel in Wisconsin that provides a integral connection for the trail corridor. A project is underway on the Michigan property to restore the land to a native prairie landscape.
- Trained 50 new North Country Trail Crew Leaders in Michigan and Minnesota, utilizing the newly launched Crew Leader Training program.
- NCTA partnered with NPS to revise the NCT Handbook for Trail Design, Construction, and Maintenance; providing volunteers with an updated resource for building and maintaining the trail.
Unless otherwise indicated, all material in Pathways Across America is public domain. All views expressed herein are perspectives of individuals working on behalf of the National Trails System and do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of the Federal agencies.