The Partnership for the National Trails System Announces National Trail Intern Grant Recipients
The Partnership for the National Trails System, in collaboration with the Bureau of Land Management, Federal Highway Administration, National Park Service, and U.S. Forest Service, is pleased to announce grant recipients for their 2019 National Trail Intern Grants.
The National Trail Intern Grants will create opportunities for young adults to become involved, or further their involvement, with our national trails.
Seventeen grants totaling $153,678 were awarded. A list of grant awardees can be found below. These grants range in size from $6,000 to $10,000. These grants will be matched with over $94,942 in partner non-Federal cash funds, $150,972 of in-kind contributions, and $185,723 in other Federal funds.
These grant opportunities will help to strengthen the capacity of the organizations and agencies to help administer and manage the national scenic and historic trails.
Additional information on this grant opportunity can be found here: pnts.org/new/intern-grants/. Questions can be directed towards Chelsea Bodamer at email@example.com.
- Appalachian National Scenic Trail – Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Arizona National Scenic Trail – Arizona Trail Association
- Continental Divide National Scenic Trail – Continental Divide Trail Coalition
- Florida National Scenic Trail – Florida Trail Association
- Ice Age National Scenic Trail – Ice Age Trail Alliance
- New England National Scenic Trail – Appalachian Mountain Club
- North Country National Scenic Trail – North Country Trail Association
- Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail – Pacific Crest Trail Association
- Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail – Pacific Northwest Trail Association
- El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail – El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail Association (ELCAT) and the National Park Service – National Trails Intermountain Region (NTIR)
- Lewis and Clark and Nez Perce National Historic Trails – Pompeys Pillar Historical Association (Friends of Pompeys Pillar)
- Old Spanish National Historic Trail – Bureau of Land Management
- Oregon and California National Historic Trails – Oregon-California Trails Association
- Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail – Overmountain Victory Trail Association
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail – National Park Service
- Star-Spangled Banner National Historic Trail – Living Classrooms Foundation, Inc., National Park Service
- Trail of Tears Association – National Park Service
The Partnership for the National Trails System (PNTS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit federation of non-profit trail organizations that connects these members and Federal agency partners to further the protection, completion, and stewardship of the 30 National Scenic and Historic Trails within the National Trails System.