Partnership for the National Trails System Seeks New Executive Director
The Partnership for the National Trails System (PNTS or The Partnership) seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial and visionary Executive Director to build on the organization’s 27-year legacy of accomplishments and guide its work to the next level of success.
The Partnership is the only nationwide, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the extraordinary value of America’s National Scenic and Historic Trails. It envisions a world-class system of National Scenic and Historic Trails that preserves natural and cultural values and provides recreational benefits for all. The Partnership’s mission is to empower, inspire, and strengthen public and private partners to develop, preserve, promote, and sustain the National Scenic and Historic Trails. It connects 34 member trail organizations, eight affiliates, and five federal agency partners to serve as a collective voice for the over 55,000 miles of trails within the National Trails System.
The Partnership’s major activities and signature programs include:
- The annual Hike the Hill® multi-day action aimed at increasing congressional and federal agency leader awareness and adequate funding of the National Trails System;
- An annual multi-agency Land and Water Conservation Fund collaboration;
- Multiyear Action Plan for advancing land protection and sustainable funding and management for the 30 National Scenic and Historic Trails;
- National Trails System Gap Analysis and Corridor Projection Project;
- Monthly webinars and biennial convenings for members of the National Trails community;
- Apprentice and internship programs to introduce young adults to the National Trails System; and
- Publication of the Pathways Across America quarterly journal.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent leadership, fundraising and partnership building skills.
The anticipated start date for the position is Fall 2020.
Please visit www.pnts.org to learn more about the organization.
To review the full position description please visit here.
To inquire about the opportunity, please contact Mary Stelletello, Principal, Vista Global Coaching & Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org.To apply or nominate an individual, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.